This post may contain affiliate links which means I could earn a small commission on any purchases you make -- at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting the site!
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. I love all of my family’s traditions, from making holiday cookies with my kids to eating fondue on Christmas Eve. But one other reason that I love the holiday season is that it’s a time for bringing people together. Each Christmas, my family makes a homemade food gift to take to all the neighbors on our cul-de-sac. It’s a small gesture, but I like to think it’s helped create some of the community we enjoy on our street.
If you don’t know your neighbors very well or if you just want to let them know that you value them, Christmas gives you the perfect reason to reach out with a homemade food gift. That’s why today I’m sharing 38 of the best Christmas food gifts you can make and give to your neighbors.
Peppermint has become one of the star flavors of Christmas, maybe because of its festive red and white stripes. Try one of these peppermint recipes to say, “Happy holidays!” to your neighbors.
1. White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Christmas Pretzel Rods from The Kitchen Girl
2. Double Chocolate Peppermint Cups from Rhubarbarians
3. Peppermint Marshmallows from The Simple Sweet Life
4, Homemade Peppermint Bark from Foodal
Christmas is the perfect time to try your hand at making homemade candies and sweets. And there are so many ways to package them in pretty ways. Check out these amazing recipes!
5. Gingerbread Fudge from Thrifty Jinkxy
6. Christmas Popcorn from Mom Foodie
7. Homemade Christmas Caramels from Garnish and Glaze
8. Dark Chocolate Truffles from Delightful Adventures
9. Almond Rosa from Sustainable Cooks
10. The Classic Buckeye from Joyfully Thriving
11. Chocolate Chip Cookie Jars from The Home Cooks Kitchen
12. No Bake Oreo Truffles from The Cozy Cook
13. Eggnog Fudge from Thrify Jinxy
14. Homemade Peanut Brittle from Cincy Shopper
15. Gourmet Orange Chocolate Fudge from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
Are these gifts not the cutest? The eyes kill me. Families with kids would love any of these, and your kids would love making them, too.
16. Marsmallow Penguins from Eats Amazing
17. Snowman Hot Chocolate from In the Kids’ Kitchen
18. Candy Cane Reindeer Pops from Finding Zest
19. Reindeer Treat Bags from Eats Amazing
20. Snowman Marshmallows from Down Red Bud Drive
Take your gift-giving up a notch with one of these gourmet gifts. From finishing salts to compound butter, your neighbors will be amazed that they’re homemade.
21. Compound Butter with Garlic, Shallots, and Herbs from Home and Plate
22. Holiday Potpourri from Flavour and Savour
23. Finishing Salts from Delicious Table
24. Paleo Baked Ribs Dry Rub from Yang’s Nourishing Kitchen
25. Instant Pot Vanilla Extract from Recipes From a Pantry
26. Homemade Candied Ginger from Wentere8this
27. Hot Chili-Infused Oil from Niki Meiners
Nuts and Savory Gifts
Savory gifts stand out this time of year when sweets are the norm. Try one of these recipes for something different than fudge and other candies.
28. Gingerbread Spiced Candied Nuts from Tikkido
29. Black Truffle Salted Dark Chocolate Drizzled Nuts from The Kitchen Girl
30. Mason Snack Jars from Haute and Healthy Living
31. Spicy Pumpkin Pie Candied Pecans from Delicious Table
Not many people make their own jams or condiments these days. Make one of these for your neighbors as a special treat. Check out 41 of the Best Homemade Charcuterie Ingredients for more jam and condiment recipes!
Nothing says winter more than a cup of hot chocolate. Try one of these recipe mixes to bring some warmth to your neighbor’s holiday season!
The Best Christmas Food Gifts for Your Neighbors
Take advantage of the giving spirit of the holiday season and plan to make one of these Christmas food gifts for your neighbors. It’s never too late to meet or reach out to the people around you. And Christmas is the perfect time of year to do that.
Follow me on Pinterest for recipes and tips for creating community through meals in your home!