Easy Homemade Guacamole
This easy homemade guacamole with salsa only takes 5 minutes to make. Creamy avocado, garlic, lime juice, salt, and salsa come together to make this dip a tasty addition to your next Mexican meal.
It’s easy to pick up a container of Wholly Guacamole from the store. I’ve done it in a pinch. But it’s almost just as easy and DEFINITELY tastier to make your own homemade guacamole. If you’ve never made it before, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is, and it only takes about 5 minutes.
That’s why today I’m sharing with you my Homemade Guacamole with Salsa recipe. It’s soooo good!
Homemade Guacamole Ingredients
I am a guacamole purist, and I like to keep things simple. Here are the ingredients I use:
- 4 avocados
- lemon or lime juice
- minced garlic
- Easy Homemade Salsa (this is the SECRET INGREDIENT — you can sub any salsa, but this Homemade Salsa is so easy to make and adds amazing flavor)
How to Make Easy Homemade Guacamole with Salsa
1. The first step in making guacamole is peeling and de-pitting your avocados. This video below shows you an easy way how.
2. Once you’ve scooped out the flesh of the avocado, add the salt, lemon or lime juice, garlic, and Easy Homemade Salsa. Mash and mix until you get a creamy guacamole.
3. Cover well and let the flavors mix in the fridge for 30 minutes. Or if, like me, you can’t wait, just eat it right away.
FAQ for Making Homemade Guacamole with Salsa
- Can guacamole be made ahead of time? Yes, but you need to take measures to keep it from browning. One way is by putting the avocado pit in the guacamole and covering it well.
- Another great way to keep guacamole from browning is with this FreshWorks Avocado Keeper. It has over 2,000 reviews on Amazon, and it keeps guacamole fresh for up to 5 days. Amazing! Check it out!
- Can guacamole be frozen? Yes! You can freeze guacamole in freezer bags as long as you press all the air out first. Just thaw it before serving and use it within 3 months.
- What do you serve with guacamole? There are lots of things you can serve with guacamole: Chips, veggies, loaded French fries, burgers, or as a topping for any Mexican meal like tacos, burritos, or taco salad.
Friends don’t let friends eat guacamole from a package. Instead, they make Easy Homemade Guacamole with Salsa. Make some for your next get-together! And pin this recipe for safe keeping!
Easy Homemade Guacamole with Salsa
- 4 avocados
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Easy Homemade Salsa
Slice open avocado and remove pit. Scoop out avocado meat, removing any brown spots.
Mix avocado, salt, lemon or lime juice, garlic, and salsa in a bowl, mashing to make the mixture creamy.
Cover well and let flavors mix in the fridge for 30 minutes (or eat right away!).